These are my Top 5 spring trends that can be easily incorporated into anyone’s wardrobe no matter what your style is. These pieces are classic and modern essentials that I encourage you to try this spring!
1. Short Suits – This combination is effortlessly chic. This type of outfit is appropriate for many different occasions. Harper’s BAZAAR calls it the “Spring Must Have” on their website. Lauren Conrad’s website posted a how-to guide for short suits in the spring here. From parties to graduations, job interviews to lunch in the city, a short suit will establish a fresh look for your business casual attire. Also, mixing seperates into a suit is not only acceptable, but, in my opinion, encouraged! I think it would be really good to try black shorts with colored or patterned blazers, vice versa, etc. Worn with both high heels and flats. The point is… this trend is here to stay, why not give it a go? You can find many options online, and no matter where your budget lies, there is a short suit out there for you! Here are a few options: Expensive. Very Affordable. Affordable. Affordable. Somewhat Affordable. Somewhat Affordable.
2. Peplum – This is one of my most favorite trends in fashion history. The peplum look, which is essentially a shelf of material over the midsection is SUPER flattering on virtually every body type. I have seen this style found on dresses and skirts on women size 0 to size 12. *I would like to make a note that the material of your shirt, dress and/or skirt will change the way the peplum fills out while you wear it. You can find many, many options online for this style. I have these two in multiple colors (this and this), I’ve worn them to parties, Christenings and events. This is definitely a trend for very curvy and very straight bodied girls – it is so figure flattering! Who wouldn’t love that? Give these a try: Expensive. Somewhat Affordable. Somewhat Affordable. Affordable. Very Affordable.
3. Chunky Gold Chains – What get’s this item a spot on this list is the wearability it has in so many different outfits. Paired with a crisp, white button-down and jeans…or a long tank top and pattern leggings… to your favorite LBD (little black dress). I have found that it is hard to find one of these chains that I really like. I’m searching for the right weight, thickness and shade of gold. Here are some options I am considering: Expensive. Affordable. Affordable.
4. Wedge Sneakers – Though I’m not sure if I should call them heels or sneakers, I know that they are irresistibly cool. After you do your double take and realize these shoes are more than just wedges… more than sneakers… but a combination of the two that, simply put, works. Celebrities have given the fashion world their approval, and this Spring is a great time for you to try them out! For the days that are still too chilly to wear your open toe flats and strappy sandals, these stylish sneakers will give your outfit a very urban feel. Here are some options: Expensive. Affordable. Somewhat Affordable.
5. Skater Dress – The shape of this dress, in the most simple way, gives anyone who wears it a perfect waistline. Well, maybe not perfect, but it does give a great shape. This silhouette has been adopted in department stores as well as boutiques in the area since it hit the runways in 2010. They are available in a great range of prices,colors, materials and fabrics. With a 3/4 sleeve cardigan and mary jane heels, a vision of Spring is inevitable. Try these options: Expensive. Somewhat Affordable. Affordable. Affordable.
Which trends do you want to try?